- This event has passed.
The Economics and Human Aspects of Cyber-Security Workshop
November 20, 2017 @ 10:30 am
This event will bring together people from academia, law enforcement, and public and private sector organizations interested in the human side of cyber-security. Topics to be covered include:
The economics of cyber-security
- What are the costs of preventing and responding to cyber-attack?
- What is the ‘business model’ of the criminals?
- How to respond to ransomware and other forms of extortion or theft?
The human link in cyber-security
- How to nudge people to increase security, such as through back-ups and software updates?
- What are the ways in which criminals exploit behavioural bias?
- How can technology be designed to better recognise the human side of cyber-security?
The workshop will include presentations on state of the art findings. It will also provide ample opportunity for general discussion and the sharing of experience. A particular focus will be placed on the challenges that lie ahead and the approaches we can take to evaluating and tackling those problems.
The workshop is free, including lunch and light refreshments. We would ask anyone wishing to attend to please fill out the form on the website.