digital.together is a pioneering initiative of awareness and inspiration, focusing on the huge opportunities that digital creates for everyone in Kent. It is driven by Kent Connects – a nationally recognised, countywide technology Partnership.
Every day we see how technology and the wider ‘digital experience’ are merging, in both our personal life and workplace.
How can we maximise the benefits that new digital offerings will bring? How can we make the leap from ‘why should we’ to ‘what if we…?’
What can you expect from digital.together?
Kent Connects Partners with others are creating events, workshops, and collaborative opportunities to position Kent as one of the most progressive and inclusive digital counties in the country. From improving access to public services, supporting digital buddies and community hacks to advocating greater equality in the use of IT and helping young people participate in code clubs, we want to show that Kent is leading the way in technology innovation.
Welcome to a brave new digital world.
Our First Year
Through the first year of Digital.Together we hosted 37 events across the county including; accessibility workshops, IoT Masterclasses, Really Useful Days, Gamification events and more.
These events were attended by more than 500 delegates over the course of the year from public sector, private sector, third sector, and Higher/Further education.
Backing up the year of events was a strong social media campaign to increase involvement. This consisted of nearly 100 blogs, 5000+ tweets and engagement with 1600+ followers of the programme.
Alongside the work of the team we have also formed a network of digital experts from across the county all of whom organise events, run projects and are heavily involved in the programme.
Participation, not partitioning…
This year we need you to participate in this exciting, challenging and original initiative. Whatever your background or interest, you’re all invited.
About Kent Connects
With a membership of all of the Kent and Medway authorities, Kent Police, Kent Fire & Rescue Service and the South East Commissioning Support Unit (NHS), Kent Connects is a powerful alliance of the public service providers. Our role is to tackle the barriers to the joining up and sharing of public services and our vision to support Kent Public Services in delivering business transformation through the use of technology and partnership working.
To find out more about Kent Connects check out the Kent Connects website.
- Inspire people to contribute and collaborate in creating solutions
- Explore how we can complement existing digital initiatives, rather than duplicate or compete
- Be generous in sharing insights, experience and resources – whether part of a large organisation or as an individual
- Encourage curiosity and learn from people with new perspectives
- Empathise with others when designing services to tackle a common challenge
- Empower people by ensuring that every activity be it a website or a workshop – is inclusive
- See people – not just users, customers or staff
- Start with the use of technology, rather than the technology itself
- Value the different types of support that people and organisations can provide to digital.together.
We are proud to be driving digital.together.