Hosted by Billie JD Porter (BBC, C4, Vice) successful applicants will present their final narratives to a live audience alongside relevant thinkers, industry commentators and peers.
Importantly, the “How far can you go?” event wants to offer young women from diverse backgrounds the opportunity to hear from global thought leaders (and vice versa), build confidence, inspire others and create momentum.
We’ll do this through the sharing of personal stories, ideas, opinions and possible solutions to the equality challenges young women are inheriting.
This special event will strive to tap into fresh, new, ideas and perspectives, reaching out to hear diverse voices, ideas and possibilities… wherever they may originate from.
Mentors and day-long Bootcamp
Working with mentors from Accenture and ThinkNation, successful applicants will be fully supported through the Bootcamp ahead of the final presentations later in the day.
The day-long Bootcamps are a crucial element of the process: not only will they help participants interrogate ideas, they will also enable you to work collaboratively, drawing on each other’s experiences and identifying key themes you want to share as part of your talk.
Applicants do NOT need to have a fully formed idea. You just need to be open to the concept and keen to explore the question through some form of spoken word.
In fact, some of you applying to participate may NOT want to speak on the night – instead you could be more comfortable with sharing your experiences and ideas. This means you can still play a meaningful role by feeding into and working on the ‘talk‘ itself in a group setting.
It is important we give you that choice, because sometimes we need others to tell our stories.
Applications close Feb 9, 2017.
March 1 schedule (subject to change)
- 9.30am: Arrive/refreshments etc
- 10.00am-10.15am: Intro to the day/attendees put into groups and assigned Mentors
- 10.15am – 12:30pm: Workshop part one
- 12.30-1.15pm: Lunch provided for free for all attendees
- 1:15pm-5pm: Workshop part two plus ‘rehearsals’
- 5pm-6pm: Break/refreshments
- 6pm: Registration
- 6:30pm: Introduction and Accenture’s vision and why the question “How far can you go?”
- 6:40-6:45pm: Special spoken word performance by Envy
- 6.45pm-7:30pm: Presentations of young women’s stories introduced by host Billie JD Porter, followed by panel insight
- 7.30pm-7.45pm: Break
- 7.45pm-8.15pm: Panelist Q&A session, chaired by Billie JD Porter plus audience debate exploring the issues covered in the talks
- 8:15pm-8:25pm: Wrap up and reflection by Billie JD Porter and Accenture
- 8:25pm-9pm: Networking
We’re one of the world’s largest consulting and technology firms. Our clients – which include well-known global companies, high-profile charities and even governments – come to us because they have a business challenge that needs solving. They might want to increase profits, get more market share, streamline processes, work with new technologies or give their customers a better experience. Essentially, it all comes down to wanting more for their organisation. What we do at Accenture, is use our business expertise and technological know-how to shape, design and deliver a solution that will help their business improve.
ThinkNation work to bring young people, creatives and thought leaders together to tackle how big issues and technology impacts on our everyday life and future.